NaNoWriMo #6 AHHH IT'S ALMOST OVER

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 71,423

Hi!  Amy here.  Trying not to panic as I only have today and tomorrow to finish writing this novel that's essentially been ten years in the making.  I hit the word count requirement several days ago, but that doesn't mean anything to me if I don't actually finish the book.

So, I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm totally freaking out.

Today's post is not going to be much of anything exciting.  Sorry!  I just am too panicked about finishing Fins and Fangs!  Panicked and excited.  This should be the last time I ever have to gut edit this book.  I'll have to do at least one round of story edits, a round or two of grammar and format edits, and get it into some beta readers' hands after it's finished.  But, to not have to edit the original monstrosity again is amazing.

I was reading through the original version of the story again the other day - back when it was called Forever Nineteen.  Oh my god.  I mean, I like to think that I'm better now than I was at fifteen years old, but wow.  Like, that story was so bad it was hilarious.  Ooo, but you know what I can share today?  My favorite moments I've come across when editing my own work.  My favorite silly typos and just not paying attention errors!  Yes!  I don't have a whole lot that I remember, but as I start editing things again, I'll make a longer post all about them. 


1. From Shifting Situations (a book that I wrote and then ended up taking out of the series it was supposed to be a part of):

"JOHNNY!!" I whispered. 

This one just gets a forehead slap for being so stupid.  How do you whisper WHEN SOMEONE IS YELLING AT YOU IN ALL CAPS?!  HOW, AMY?!  I caught this one back when I was reading this book aloud to my best friends at our yearly summer visit, and this is still something we reference to this day.  (Illinois and Oklahoma are so far apart!)  Age I wrote this line at: 16.



2. From Fins and Fangs (the version before this that no longer exists):

He reached out to place a hand on my cheese, but I...

HAHAHAHAHA.  So this was in a very emotional scene, and obviously, the he in question was supposed to place his hand on her cheek, but somehow I spelled poorly or Word autocorrected to cheese.  When I saw it, I laughed and immediately snapchatted it to everyone. This one cracks me up whenever I think about it.  Age I wrote this line at: 25.







Comments

Most Popular Posts

Villanelle Victories

Two Truths and a Lie: Hallmark Movie Edition #2

Amy Updated