NaNoWriMo #5 Last Leg of the Journey!

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 57,818

We're in the last leg of our NaNoWriMo journey!  There are already only a few days left of November, so the time is getting close to the end.  Over the Thanksgiving holiday, my story really started to come together, so I ended up beasting out about 15,000 words in two days.  I actually crossed 50,000 words on the 23rd, but my story is nowhere near done.  So, I completed the 50,000 word part.

But my story is still kind of a mess.

I'm at the point of my story where things are starting to come together, and there are about to be a lot of action scenes - which are the most difficult scenes for me to write.  And I keep finding that I've been writing myself into corners I don't know how to get out of.  That's pretty typical of me.  I've done it ever since I started writing book length stories.  I don't know why, but I know it always turns out decent.

It's just so frustrating getting back out of the corner.

For instance, in my story, there's a secondary villain that's never been seen or really heard from in this entire story.  But my mermaid character needs to be able to contact him.  She can barely work a cell phone, so how is she going to be able to track down a vampire who doesn't want to be found?  How?  I have no idea.  So, that's what I'm stuck with figuring out right now.

And then, once I have that figured out, I have the primary villains still to deal with.  I have a vague idea from the outline I made on how to solve that, but it's still a bit up in the air. 

I'm at the point where I just want to write the really fun and cute scenes, but that doesn't help me at all with advancing the story.  So, back to my writing corner of shame until I get myself back out of it!

We're so close to finishing!  Let's do this!

Write on!

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Villanelle Victories

Two Truths and a Lie: Hallmark Movie Edition #2

Amy Updated